Order now & get 10% Off First Orders with Code "Hello10off"
Meet Angela Tafoya, one of Refinery29‘s San Francisco editors! In addition to working at one of the most popular fashion & lifestyle sites, Angela is expecting a baby girl later this year! We were lucky enough to ask the super chic mama-to-be about her pregnancy style, shopping for baby, and favorite spots in San Francisco. Enjoy…
1. Congrats on your pregnancy! What have you loved most/least about being pregnant thus far?
Thank you! There haven’t been too many things I’ve disliked about the experience — mainly the fact none of my clothes are fitting, and that can be a little rough. The best is definitely feeling her move around. It makes the experience so real and makes you feel so connected. I love it. It never gets old.
2. Any crazy cravings or major surprises?
Not so much cravings but aversions, yes! I used to love Asian food and now I can’t stomach the smell. I hope it goes away after she comes, because I need ramen back in my life.
3. Has your style changed since becoming pregnant? What are your top style “dos” for dressing the bump?
This is definitely something I am learning as I go. Before becoming pregnant, I wasn’t much of a body-con dress person, but when you’re pregnant they’re the best things ever. I love accentuating the bump. I also think wearing garments with waist definition help and are super flattering. I found it helpful to stock up on basics, like dresses and skirts from Storq — super necessary and cozy. Oh, and, a comfy pair of shoes are everything.
4. Have you started shopping for baby? Any favorite brands for baby girls you’ve come across?
5. What would be your dream baby shower gift?
Oh, that’s tough! I may be a little selfish here and say a massage, I know after the baby comes I’m gonna need it.
6. Favorite Estella organic baby toys?
7. You live in San Francisco – are hidden restaurants/shops/museums/parks we should know about?
This really isn’t hidden but I love Emmy’s Spaghetti shack and it seems like such a family-friendly place, so I can’t wait to take her there when we’re ready to adventure out the house. Also, there are a few parks in my neighborhood (the Mission) that I have been scoping out!
Comments will be approved before showing up.